At Westtown Kids, we LOVE our first time visitors. Our teachers and existing children will welcome them in with friendly smiles, and make sure they feel that they belong here.
When you first arrive:
- PreK – 5Th Grade: head to the Kids Check-in area in the Foyer of the Main Building.
- Infant – Preschool: head to the Nursery/Preschool Check-in area in the Kids’ Lobby of the Kids’ Building.
Check-in your child:
- All children will get checked-in to our secure check-in system. Parents/Guardians will be handed a security ticket for each child, and a matching security ticket will be placed on each child.
Once you’ve checked-in:
- PreK – 5th Grade: head to the Sanctuary, with your family, until Kids are dismissed from the worship service.
- Infant – Preschool: you’ll drop your child off in their classroom, then head to the Sanctuary for worship.
After the service:
- All children will be picked up by their parent/guardian from their classroom. Parents will hand their security ticket to the teacher and their child is then free to leave.
From the minute a child arrives at Westtown Kids to the minute they are picked up to go home, we want to make sure they have the most fun and safest experience possible, all revolved around learning and experiencing the love of Jesus.
Because our curriculum is adapted in each class to best fit the age group being taught, we encourage kids to attend the service in their appropriate age group. However, if a child is uncomfortable attending alone, they may attend service with a friend or family member; we just ask that both children attend the service for the youngest child’s age group. This allows both children to fully understand and engage in the lesson being taught.
There are many parents who participate in more than one service at Westtown Church. Children who attend both services at Westtown Kids are pulled during second service to attend our Hangout program. The Hangout is a wide open space with lots of games, crafts, a wide selection of movies, a chance to go outside to use our playground and provides an opportunity to connect with friends and have fun. The Hangout opens at 10:30 and closes at the end of the 2nd service.
At Westtown Church, we always encourage families to engage their children in the Bible, and that’s why we recommend placing your child in Westtown Kids during the service. However, we know every family is different, and every day is different. If you would like your child to accompany you during the service, feel free to do so. If your child becomes restless, or your younger child is upset, we also offer an available Family Room, where you can sit in a calm and comfortable environment, but are still able to view the current service and experience worship.