An update on what’s happening at Westtown Church, in light of the developing coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
Updated: March 18th, 2020 at 1:00pm.
Dear Westtown Family,
As we navigate the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19), here is an update on what’s happening at Westtown Church.
First, let us remember the words of the Apostle Paul; “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” – (2 Timothy 1:7). Our hope and prayer during this time is for greater reliance on our Sovereign God, and continued clarity in how to live out the Gospel during these unsettling days.
Sunday Worship Services
As information about the coronavirus continues to surface, we are monitoring news from the CDC, World Health Organization and Florida State Health Department. Following the recommendations of the president that no groups larger than ten should gather, we have decided that our in-person Sunday worship services have been canceled for March 22nd and March 29th. Westtown will be moving to an online-only worship service for these next two Sundays.
We will continue to monitor information from authorities and may extend cancelations further as needed. We are working hard to keep you updated on changes, as we make decisions that affect our regularly scheduled church life at Westtown.
Mid-Week Church Life & Gatherings
It’s important to note that some gatherings, such as book club, Bible studies, Life Groups, student small groups, etc. may still be meeting in alternative environments or locations. We have set up this page on our website that will be an up-to-date resource on the current status on all things, at Westtown Church, during the changing recommendations that become available. Please check here first, as this will be the most up to date resource for Westtown Church.
We will be sharing resources to help you during this time, and you can check back here for more on how to access those resources.
Care & Response
Lastly, we believe that we are the church when we gather together, but we’re just as much the church when we cannot physically meet in one large space (Matthew 18:19-20).
- You are the church, and you get to be the church to neighbors and friends in a variety of ways, such as…Demonstrating faith, hopefulness, and calm when others may be experiencing worry and anxiety.
- Meeting physical needs for others, who are more susceptible to global health concerns.
- Praying for government leaders, local officials, healthcare providers, and those who may be infected or particularly vulnerable.
Ways You Can Help
During this time, there are three things we want to invite you to do:
- Attend Online this Sunday, via our Facebook page or website. We’ll be there, right alongside you.
- If you’re part of Westtown, we encourage you to give online, especially since we don’t know when we’ll gather publicly again. This season will likely stretch our resources thin.
- If you have a prayer request, a special need, or you can assist others, let us know! We are here for you.