Core Classes are Westtown’s new Sunday Morning Adult Education classes. Choose from two different classes starting February 7th at 10:30am. Childcare will also be provided.
- This event has passed.
These new Core Classes classes will help you dive deeper into your personal relationship with God and your church family as you grow stronger in your faith. Everyone, no matter how long you’ve been attending Westtown , is invited to join these classes to gain a deeper understanding of scripture and how it applies to our personal walks with Christ.
Beginning February 7th, we will offer two 6 week long class options:
What We Believe: Exploring the foundations of our faith here at Westtown Church
This class will be informal and interactive (but if you’d like to come and just listen, that’s OK), and our desire is that you will leave this class with a closer relationship with God and with a longing for deeper knowledge of Him and His Word. Wondering what we’ll be discussing? Some of the following questions may help cast the vision and inform you a little more:
- What or who is God?
- What does the Bible teach about God?
- What is the Trinity?
- What is Baptism, and what does it mean?
- What is prayer?
- What does predestination mean?
- Who is Jesus?
- Do we need to follow the 10 Commandments?
The Depths of Our Faith: Seeking understanding to the challenging aspects of our beliefs
This class will attempt to discuss some of the most common and most challenging theological questions. On the surface, faith in God and Jesus Christ calls for an “either or” decision; either you believe or you don’t. Diving deeper, however, we are confronted with some difficult theological issues as to just what do we really believe about God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. These are just a few of the deep questions that believers have voiced over the years. Perhaps you have some of your own:
- We say that God is all powerful but why then is there sin in the world?
- Why does God allow me to suffer pain, disappointment and hardships?
- What is going to happen when Jesus comes back to earth?
- Why would God have some people be chosen to eternal life while others are doomed to hell?
- If God is in complete control over all things, do we have real freedom to make everyday choices in our lives?